ArmCoil’s power transformer repair services are performed at our Roodepoort facility in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our power transformer repair services facility is accredited and managed in accordance with our ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2004 quality and environment systems.
ArmCoil complies to all SANS780, IEC, TRANSNET & ESKOM repair specifications for power transformers. We offer our repair services on the following all types of power transformers such as ONAN & ONAF.
ArmCoil’s work area is 6700m2 under roof, which is equipped with a maximum 50tonne overhead remote crane among others and lifting equipment. The facility and its content are insured together with 24hour security.
The power transformer repair services capabilities are: (but not limited to)
- Full electrical and mechanical condition assessment and repair recommendations.
- Full rewinding on all types of distribution transformers up to 88kV (88000V).
- Localised coil and supply lead repair services available where possible.
- Time and Temperature Controlled Curing Oven facilities.
Complete Test Bay Facility including all calibrated testing equipment which includes:
- No Load Testing or routine testing.
- Load Testing.
- Complete distribution transformer Temperature Stabilising Testing.
- Efficiency comparison testing.
- Oil sampling, testing and reporting in accordance to SANS555.
- Ratio testing.
- SFRA testing.
- Power transformer core repairs and replacement services.
- Cooling upgrades and redesign.
- Protection evaluation and upgrade services.
- Bushing servicing, refurbishment and replacement.
- Sandblasting and respray facility.
- Mechanical repairs and upgrade of power transformer.
- Radiator replacement and repairs.
- Conservator replacement and repairs.
- Main tank replacement and repairs.
- LV & HV Box replacement and repairs.
- All type of auxiliary parts replacement and servicing.
- Transformer pressure testing for leaks.
- OLTC replacement modifications.
- OLTC servicing, refurbishment and replacement services.
- Mechanical design and manufacturing of power transformer for upgrade purposes.
- Factory acceptance testing services (FAT) on power transformers.
- OEM assembly and testing of power transformers.