Complete Test Bay Facility including all calibrated testing equipment which includes:
Tan Delta & El Cid testing services.
- No Load Testing
- Load Testing
- Bearing Temperature Stabilising Testing.
- Complete Motor Temperature Stabilising Testing.
- Full speed and voltage testing services.
- Efficiency comparison testing.
- Stator and rotor coil manufacturing facility for:
- Squirrel cage motors
- Salient pole synchronous motors
- Slipring motors
- Medium voltage electric motor Stator and rotor core repairs and replacement services.
- Sandblasting and respray facility.
- Mechanical repairs and upgrade of electric motors.
- Mechanical design and manufacturing of stators, shafts, fans, end shields etc.
- General machine shop facility.
- Electric motor concentricity assessment and repairs service.
- Factory acceptance testing services (FAT) on medium voltage electric motors.
- OEM assembly and testing of medium voltage motors.
ArmCoil’s medium voltage electric motor repair services are performed at our Roodepoort facility in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our medium voltage electric motor repair services facility is accredited and managed in accordance with our ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2004 quality and environment systems.
ArmCoil’s work area is 6700m2 under roof, which is equipped with a maximum 50tonne overhead remote crane among others and lifting equipment. The facility and its content are insured together with 24hour security.
The medium voltage electric motor repair services capabilities are: (but not limited to)
Full electrical and mechanical condition assessment and repair recommendations.
Full rewinding on all types of MV Motors up to 10MW with voltages of:
- 2200V (2.2kV)
- 3300V (3.3kV)
- 6600V (6.6kV)
- 11000V (11kV)
- Localised winding and supply lead repair services available where possible.
- Dynamic Balancing facility.
- We also offer full speed balancing services.
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) facilities.
- Time and Temperature Controlled Curing Oven facilities.