ArmCoil’s distribution transformer and miniature substation repair services are performed at our Roodepoort facility in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our repair services facility is accredited and managed in accordance with our ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2004 quality and environment systems.
ArmCoil complies to all SANS780 repair specifications for distribution transformers and mini-substations. We offer our repair services on all types of equipment such as ONAN, ONAF and Dry Types.
ArmCoil’s work area is 6700 m2 under roof, which is equipped with a maximum 50 tonne overhead remote crane among others and lifting equipment. The facility and its content are insured together with 24 hour security.
The distribution transformer and mini-substation repair services capabilities include:
- Full electrical and mechanical condition assessment and repair recommendations.
- Full rewinding on all types of distribution transformers up to 33kV (33000V).
- Localised coil and supply lead repair services available where possible.
- Time and Temperature Controlled Curing Oven facilities.
- Complete Test Bay Facility including all calibrated testing equipment which includes:
- No Load Testing or routine testing.
- Load Testing.
- Complete distribution transformer and mini-substation Temperature Stabilising Testing.
- Efficiency comparison testing.
- Oil sampling and testing in accordance to SANS555.
- Full voltage testing.
- Ratio testing.
- SFRA testing.
- LV, MV equipment testing including lighting compartment.
- Distribution transformer and mini-substation core repairs and replacement services.
- RMU refurbishment or replacement
- Cooling upgrades and redesign.
- Sandblasting and respray facility.
- Mechanical repairs and upgrade of distribution transformer.
- Radiator replacement and repairs.
- Conservator replacement and repairs.
- Main tank replacement and repairs.
- LV & HV Box replacement and repairs.
- All type of auxiliary parts replacement and servicing.
- Transformer pressure testing for leaks.
- Mechanical design and manufacturing of distribution transformer for upgrade purposes.
- Factory acceptance testing services (FAT) on distribution transformers.
- OEM assembly and testing of distribution transformers.