ArmCoil Afrika (Pty) Ltd was born in 2002 from the acquisition of a small family owned business known as Preston Anderson, which had specialized in DC motor component repair and manufacture.
For some years thereafter the DC component market, mainly for traction motors, remained a major portion of the business. However, with the DC motors market in decline, the new management embarked on changing the focus towards Medium Voltage AC motors and transformers.
The current three directors started the company and have remained dedicated to its success.
- Peter Flint, as Managing Director has spent almost his entire working career in this industry. He also fills the shoes of Technical Manager and designs our local brand of ACEM transformers.
- Tinus van Wyk has extensive experience in the electrical industry, initially in the gold mines. He manages the Site Services department which installs, services and maintains equipment on site throughout Africa.
- John Robinson has also spent his entire working career in this industry, mainly in the area of quality control. He is currently focusing his efforts on new machines and more specifically on our ACEM brand of locally manufactured transformers & Mini Substations.
- The Directors are complemented by Senior Management consisting of Morne Bosch in Sales and Marketing and Clinton Duplessis in Production and Frank Flint as Commercial Manager.
- In October 2014, ArmCoil sold 32.72% of its business to the 100% black-women-owned Edmaprox (Pty) Ltd. Its directors, Nomonde Moloele and Keitumetse Molokoane were then appointed to the ArmCoil board as non-executive directors.